Creating a directory of trainers

Antonin thanks for starting this thread.

As part of the community handbook, I also identified the need for a trainer directory.

I am including the conversation with @thadguidry in the comments of the [draft handbook] (OpenRefine Playbook Sandbox - Martin Magdinier - Google Docs), where we discussed how we can use discourse badges to create a directory. Here are the main points we covered:

• Each trainer can manage their profile page by adding as much or as little information as they would like.
  • The badge system can be used to quickly identify trainer contributors on the forum. We can also extend this system to recognize other types of contributions.
  • We can customize the list of fields in discourse as described here Create and configure custom user fields - admins - Discourse Meta, and create a custom user list from this page.

I suggest adding two new fields to the proposed list.

• A community field can be included so that users can indicate which community they work more closely with, such as journalists, GLAM, Wikimedia, researchers (part of the carpentries for example), or others.
  • A availability field can be added where users can indicate their availability as volunteers, contractors or only through their institution (or not available at all)."