OpenRefine.org email addresses

In last week's advisory committee meeting was raised the question (I think from @jfaurel ) of whether we already have a policy for who should get "@openrefine.org" email addresses. I don't remember us having one, so here is a thread to discuss it.

In my opinion it would be best to tie it to a specified set of project roles, if we could make some progress on adopting a clear such set of roles, which would really reflect how the project works:

@Ainali has shared WMSE's policy on this (in Swedish, but automated translation should be good enough to understand the spirit): E-post och visitkort - Wikimedia

In last week's advisory committee meeting was raised the question (I think from @jfaurel ) of whether we already have a policy for who should get "@openrefine.org" email addresses. I don't remember us having one, so here is a thread to discuss it.

Is there a need for anyone to have an openrefine.org address? It seems like there's a very good possibility that we could make due with a set of aliases like info@openrefine.org, press@openrefine.org, etc which forward to the appropriate set of people.

This is flexible and allows people to use their primary online identities for correspondence. There might be some limited exceptions for things like signing up for Apple developer keys, etc.

Tom

Currently, I am the only person with a dedicated openrefine.org email address. I used one to separate my personal email from work done on behalf of OpenRefine as project manager.

We currently use aliases that redirect to Google Groups for hiring@ , advisory.committee@, and managing access to zoom I plan to document the usage of the email in the Openration manual handbook. You can see the draft here.

I personally don't see the need to start creating new email addresses for contributors, but I am happy to be convinced otherwise.