Drafting the 2024 User Survey

I will be away until the 30th so I won't be able to attend,

About automated collection of usage data: it's not something we can do for the 2024 survey because it would require existing releases to have that capability. We can discuss about building that into the tool so that it's available in the future, but as far as planning the 2024 survey is concerned, that's out of reach.

One thing that we did build in the tool with the survey in mind is the ability to announce the survey inside the tool itself. That's going to be available to all 3.8.* users who have turned on the feature, so probably not a lot of people, but still, it might help getting a broader reach.

I am finally returning to the survey after the Barcamp took up some of my focus in the last two months.

Here is an updated and hopefully final version based on the feedback from calls, comments in the Google Doc, and this forum. This version emphasizes feature requests rather than current usage, and the second section is now shorter, focusing on general workflow instead of individual features.

The Allourideas platform is seeded with the following options.

@Ashley_Goldstein plans to add a section for collecting feedback on the latest draft of the mission and vision as outlined in Feedback Request on OpenRefine's Draft Vision, Mission, Values.

You can view screenshots of the final version via Google Drive. Select the comment icon (at the top right of the screen) to highlight a section of the image and leave a comment,

g-drive-comment-icon

My goal is to start distributing it by August 1st, 2024.

I created Advertise the 2024 user survey Ā· Issue #358 Ā· OpenRefine/openrefine.org Ā· GitHub to discuss how we will advertise the survey.

Thanks Martin! Writing on behalf of the Bocoup team with our suggested additions for collecting feedback on the latest draft of the mission, vision, and values. We propose adding the following two questions.

Question 1. Which of the following best describes your reaction to OpenRefineā€™s new Mission, Vision, and Values statements:

• I am comfortable with them and have no changes to propose.
  • I am comfortable with them but would like to propose changes.
  • I am uncomfortable with them but have no changes to propose.
  • I am uncomfortable with them and would like to propose changes.
  • I have no thoughts on them.

Question 2. What changes, if any, would you propose to the draft Mission, Vision, Values statements?

1 Like

@tfmorris @sheila.moussavi Thank you for the feedback. Here is the updated version

Part 2:

1. "Extend data using from reconciliation services"
  2. "Publishing data from OpenRefine directly to Wikibase, Wikidata, or WikiCommons" (can be indirect and we should capture that also)

Part 4:

1. "User testing and interviews about my usage of OpenRefine" ? If we said that, then they would be contacted and we'd need their email address to be contacted likely at that same spot so it's not confusing?

thanks @thadguidry

1. I fixed the grammar error.
  2. The sentence is Publishing data directly from OpenRefine to Wikibase, Wikidata, or WikiCommons I think the word directly makes sense in that context.
  3. We asked the email in the last question of the survey.