Set the value of one cell in another

I have seen some documentation about the use of the cell.cross function in the same project but I do not know how to apply it to do this or are there other ways, this is because when performing the first tasks of creating new columns with data from another column the column new is left with data in a row that is not the first and when applying the fillDown function I am left with empty cells, the idea is to be able to leave the value in the first index although it would help me to know how to place or move values ​​from one column to another in any index.

thank you!!!

Maybe there is someone else already caffeinated enough to make sense of this long sentence. :see_no_evil:

In general:

Copy values from column a to column b

Use the Transform dialog on "column b" with the GREL expression

row.cells["column a"].value

You can combine this with filters and faces to copy only a subset of the data.

Set a static value in a column

To set a static value to a column or a subset determined by filters and faces again use the transform dialog with the new value in quotation marks:

"new value"
Copy values from a row to blank rows below

With the fill down functionality a value can copy values to neighboring empty rows.

column a column b
a 1
b
c 2
d
e
f 3

After fill down:

column a column b
a 1
b 1
c 2
d 2
e 2
f 3

Note that only empty cells will get filled. Whitespace in a cell is considered not empty.

Copy values from other rows based on an id column

Assuming you have unique key value pairs, with the keys in "column a" and the values in "column b". But some values in "column b" are missing. You can then use a clever mix of sorting and records. Or you can use the cross functionality to find and fill these values in.

column a column b
a 1
b
b 2
b
a
c 3

Use the transform dialog on "column b" with

row.cells["column a"].cross("YOUR_PROJECT", "column a").cells["column b"].value[0]
column a column b
a 1
b 2
b 2
b 2
a 1
c 3