How to find the mean and standard deviation of data in openrefine?

Greetings! I’m looking for assistance in determining the mean and standard deviation of a specific set of data. Can anyone help me with this task?

Greetings! I’m looking for assistance in determining the mean and standard deviation of a specific set of data. Can anyone help me with this task?

Most statistics texts (or even Wikipedia) will describe these algorithms. In the context of OpenRefine, they're not something one would typically do using OpenRefine. You'd be better off with a standard spreadsheet tool or statistics program.

Tom

Hello tfmorris,
Thank you for your response. I understand that most statistics texts or even Wikipedia can describe these algorithms. However, I was specifically looking for guidance on how to use them in OpenRefine. I appreciate your suggestion to use a standard spreadsheet tool or statistics program, but I would prefer to stick with OpenRefine if possible.
Do you have any specific resources or tutorials you could recommend that would help me use these algorithms in OpenRefine?
Thank you again for your response.

This has been requested before and I think it is a legitimate feature request - I don’t see it as something that is outside the use cases we want to serve.
There used to be an extension to do this, but it has not been updated for a decade sadly:

There is a long standing Issue in Github to add summary stats in a numeric facet Include summary statistics for numeric columns in Facets · Issue #2001 · OpenRefine/OpenRefine · GitHub

It doesn’t seem like this would be a huge thing to implement but it’s never reached the top of the list