Seeking Assistance with Reconciliation Dialog Feature Redesign

Hello ,

I am seeking assistance from anyone who is familiar with the reconciliation feature of OpenRefine to help me gain a better understanding of its purpose and functionality as I embark on a project to redesign the reconciliation dialog.

If you have experience with the this feature or are passionate about improving this aspect of the tool, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have a chat with you between Monday - Wednesday ( 4th - 6th Sept ).

Whether through a virtual meeting, discussion, or any other form of communication that suits you, your insights and knowledge will be invaluable to this project.

1 Like

I recently cleaned up a big spreadsheet! Email my work address if you'd like to set up a time on Tuesday or Wednesday: Rachel_Helps@byu.edu

4 Likes

Right. Thank you so much
I'll send an email in the following days

Hi @Lydiaofficial I’m quite familiar with the reconciliation process and although I don’t have any projects right now that require it, I have worked with it extensively in the past.

I’d be happy to chat, although Monday-Wednesday next week is quite busy for me. Would any other days work for you? Maybe Wednesday 13th or Friday 15th?

I’ll DM you my email

Best wishes

Owen

2 Likes

Thank you, Owen. Surely we can do Wednesday the 13th. Your YouTube videos on the feature have been quite helpful too :blush:

Hi Lydia,

I'm also familiar with reconciliation and available this week (just not today) for a virtual meeting.

3 Likes

Thank you, Nicholas. I'll send an email to find out what time is best to meet and schedule a call before the end of the week.

I'm not particularly technically proficient, but if you want a general user who's done a lot of reconciliation with various services over the years, I would be happy to provide feedback. I have scattered meetings next week, but if I can attend I will.

2 Likes

Hi Lydia, I'm late to the party but I can send you some written input via any channel you prefer. Feel free to DM or email me.

I currently use non-Wikibase/non-Wikimedia reconciliation services for a client (national museum) and have tried a lot of them. While teaching OpenRefine to very diverse audiences I also see what areas need lots of explanation and where users struggle in general.

1 Like