šŸ‘‹ Introductions thread!

Hi there, happy to be here! Iā€™m Thomas, currently working as independent library tech and open data consultant. Iā€™m based in QuĆ©bec City (hello @jfaurel!) but work with libraries, publishers and other cultural actors in multiple countries, which I love!
Iā€™m using OpenRefine quite regularly in my work, and I also sometimes teach introduction classes on it, either with Library Carpentry or in other contexts.
I mostly use OpenRefine on bibliographic data and use a variety of approaches to clean it up: extracting patterns via regular expressions, facets, clustering, less often using reconciliation or retrieving external data via APIs. I often use it in combination with custom Python or bash scripts to help my clients on data migration projects. Itā€™s one of the most powerful tools on my belt, and Iā€™m hugely grateful to the nice community of developers and users that made OpenRefine so awesome. Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome both @Monalika9 and @timtom - great to have you here!

1 Like

:wave: Martin Magdinier here, I am based in Montreal, Quebec, a moderator on this forum, and a member of the advisory committee.

I have been a community member since 2010 when the project was still under Googleā€™s leadership. As OpenRefine transitioned to a volunteer-run project, I have been exploring how to make OpenRefine sustainable. After trying (and failing) different models, including a commercial offering, I am glad OpenRefine found a home with Code for Science and Society (CS&S ) and received recurring revenue from our funders.

In the last couple of years, I worked mostly on the financing and governance side. I also gave training and helped organizations automate OpenRefine-based workflows.

5 Likes

Hi, I am Solihat Salahudeen , I am a new outreachy applicants and also a UI/UX designer. Looking forward to making a positive contribution to openrefine with my skills

Hi, I am Ebere Adekogbe, i am an outreachy applicant and also a UI/UX designer. I am looking forward to making a positive impact with my contributions to openrefine using my skills. I am also looking forward to networking with everyone here. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!
I am Atif Moin.

I am a front-end web developer and an Outreachy applicant from Lucknow, India.
I am an Open Source enthusiast and have participated in events like CodePeakā€™22, KWoCā€™22, KSoCā€™22.
I recently secured the first position in GAoCā€™22.

I am looking forward to contributing to this project, interacting with amazing people and taking my skills to the next level.

1 Like

Hi everyone.
I am Kritika. I am a UI/UX designer. I am looking forward to contributing to OpenRefine as an Outreachy applicant.
CheersāœŒļø

1 Like

Hey everyone! My name is Lata. I am glad to be here. Looking forward to connect and contribute.

1 Like

Hi.
Iā€™m Lydia Amadi Chinyere, a UI/UX designer, whoā€™s also learning frontend development.
I am on OpenRefine as an Outreachy applicant to contribute to the design project.

I look forward to having a beautiful experience working with my mentors and collaborating with other contributors.

1 Like

Hi, i am Motunrayo Agoro
I am from Nigeria
I am a UIUX designer
I am here as an open source intern for through outreachy
I am happy to work with you all

1 Like

Hi,
i am Olanrewaju Lawal, A UI/UX designer from Nigeria. I am here to contribute to the OpenRefine design Project as an Outreachly contributor. i look forward to making meaningful contributions to the project and also collaborating with mentors and co-collaborators.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Belema George a UI/UX designer from Nigeria. I am an outreachy contributor and would love to contribute to the OpenRefine design Project.
Iā€™m looking forward to learning from the community as well as mentors, and to make meaningful contributions to the project.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
Iā€™m Rhoda Michael, a UI/UX Designer from Nigeria.
I look forward to making contributions to the OpenRefine design project and gaining experience from working on this project.

1 Like

Hello everyone! My name is Khushi Tayal. I am a 3rd year undergraduate student at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. I am an open source enthusiast and excited to contribute to OpenRefine projects.

1 Like

Hi Everyone.
Iā€™m Omotayo, a UX/UI Designer based in Nigeria.
I look forward to contributing to the OpenRefine project as an Outreachy applicant and learning from the community.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Adetayo Oluwatunmise, a UI/UX Designer from Nigeria. I am an outreachy contributor and would love to contribute to the Open Refine Project.
Iā€™m so excited and Iā€™m looking forward to learning new and insightful things from the community and the mentors and also to making meaningful contributions to the project.

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m Ololade, a UI/UX Designer and Outreachy contributor. Iā€™m excited and looking forward to making meaningful contributions to the User Experience of Open Refine Interface and also gain experience in open source projects.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Iā€™m Tanishka, an Outreachy applicant. Iā€™m interested in contributing to the ā€œImprove design workflows and communicationsā€ project of OpenRefine. How can I get started?

1 Like

Welcome to the project! Please see the specific instructions for Outreachy design applicants here:

1 Like

Welcome Tanishka :hugs:
The best way to get started is by going through the thread the mentor just shared and getting acquainted and familiar with OpenRefine .