Teaching open refine in french 10 april 2024

Hello, Wikimédia France is organizing the Wikimedia Culture and Digital Day 2024 at the INHA on April 10. This is a professional day dedicated to the cultural sector, archives, museums and libraries in particular. On this occasion, I want to propose a Wikidata discovery workshop via OpenRefine, or an OpenRefine workshop with a Wikidata background. It remains to be seen which approach would be more relevant. I have some difficulties to find french or french speaking trainers. Does someone know a few ones by any chance ?
Best,
Xavier

2 Likes

For a Wikimedia event, I would like to invite you to check out this list of trainers available at OpenRefine/Training - Meta. All the individuals listed on the webpage are also members of this forum. I am pinging @Antoine2711, @kristbaum, and @Nicolas_VIGNERON to draw their attention to this invite.

If you require additional references, please let me know. @Sandra may be able to recommend a French-speaking trainer from her network.

1 Like

Bonjour! Mon français is lacking a bit sadly, although it's not completly non-exsitant. Also I'm located in Germany.
But if you don't find anyone more suitable I'm willing to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I have removed the individuals from the abovementioned page, as none of the people mentioned there have, upon request, confirmed they are OK being listed in this way. The page was a draft and has sneaked into official pages (my bad, I should have flagged this). Creating lists like this is tricky re: maintenance and collecting personal information anyway. For individual candidate Wikimedia trainers I think we should work with people listing that capacity voluntarily themselves on their user pages.

FYI, I am not a Wikimedia community trainer 'broker'. I am asked way too often already and this is too much work for me to redirect all these requests. I need someone else to step up and start doing this in my place. Any takers?

1 Like

Hello,
thank you very much for your answers ! It's good to know that there is a few francophon users that could be able to help. Nicolas Vigneron is eventually available for the event.
Cheers

1 Like