Welcome and guidelines to the Outreachy UX design internship applicants

No problem. Don’t worry about it. It’s just an opportunity to give everyone a chance to write a unique proposal and don’t get stressed out about competition.

1 Like

Thank you, i would work towards that.

Thank you for the update, please regarding the project timeline we are also to submit in the final application, are we to come up with one ourselves?

@Wumionwheels I do not expect any project timelines, in my message above I said I would like to see a short text paragraph including a reflection on your experience so far (what worked / what didn’t work) and a short proposal for how onboarding for others might work. In other words, I am interested to read more about everyone’s strategic vision and reflective thinking. Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ýes it does @lozanaross . Thank you

I understand but we are required to submit the project timeline for the internship period in our final contribution form on outreachy

1 Like

Oh, ok, in that case don’t worry about writing anything detailed - you can just put a start / end date for the whole project. I think it’s best to discuss the project timeline after the intern is selected, as it will likely be tailored to individual skills and interests.

1 Like

Ok, Thank you so much

Hello everyone, hope we have all completed our final application as tomorrow, april 3rd is the deadline for submissions. Pls do if you haven’t as long as you have made one contribution :+1:

Dear Outreachy applicants,

If you’ve participated in the project so far and recorded at least one contribution in Github (even if it didn’t lead to completely finished results it’s OK), I hope you were able to submit the final application to the Outreachy platform by the deadline today.

I look forward to reviewing everyone’s contributions in the coming days. Once we review the applications and make a final decision together with the OpenRefine team, we’ll notify everyone - announcements will be made in early May.

Many thanks for participating so far!
Best wishes,
Lozana

4 Likes

Thank you :pray:.

It was a pleasure to be here and I’m grateful for everything I’ve learnt and everyone in these four weeks.

Learning never ends, contributing to Open refine will always be a phase that i will always remember. Thank you all so much for the opportunity to give back as an Open source contributor.

Dear all,

As you know, the selection deadline for the Outreachy internships has now passed. We’ll make an official announcement of our next intern very soon, but in the meantime - to everyone who wasn’t selected - please keep an out on the OpenRefine website - we will be posting more paid design opportunities and/or internships there soon. It was very tough competition this time round, but there will for sure be more opportunities in the future. To everyone who made contributions - huge thanks - your work has been much appreciated by the OpenRefine family!

Best wishes,
Lozana

4 Likes