November 15, 2023 - Advisory Call with CS&S

Attendees:

• Alicia Lochard - Code for Science and Society
  • Antonin Delpeuch - Advisory Committee
  • Jan Ainali - Advisory Committee
  • Martin Magdinier - Project Manager

Discussion

Contract

We are finalizing the Designer Position contract and plan to have it signed before the US Thanksgiving break on November 22nd. We will share an announcement once it is signed.

Ayushi's contract has been extended until December 15th.

Advisory Committee Hiring

We have identified four candidates. We changed our approach and

• We invited 2candidates to join our weekly Advisory calls on November 22 and November 29.
  • One of the candidates declined because they didn't have enough time to take on new responsibilities.
  • We are still waiting for a response from the fourth candidate.

Grants

We've created a new funding page to be transparent about our funding goals and provide a single reference point for grant discussions (see PR).

Unfortunately, Mozilla did not select our letter of intent for the Mozilla Infrastructure Fund.

EOSS-Diversity Grant. We asked for a no-cost extension in August, pushing the date to December 2024, which changed our interim report date. Martin will follow up with CZI to determine when the next interim report is due.

EOSS-6: We have until December 5th to submit the EOSS-6 full application.

Wikimedia Commons Grants We have a budget of USD 10,000 to improve the Wikimedia Commons integration. We still need to decide how we want to approach this and if we want to partner with Wikimedia Sweden. The interim report for this grant is due on January 30, 2024.

Events

CS&S will have a stand at FOSDEM.

OpenRefine is still deciding how to organize the in-person event.

1 Like

I forgot to change it to "CS&S has applied for a stand at FOSDEM". Unfortunately, it was not accepted.

Thanks for posting the minutes. It's helpful to have a glimpse behind the curtain.

I'm curious about the Advisory Committee Hiring. I had thought, based on previous conversations, that this was a volunteer position. Is that not the case?

Tom

It is indeed a volunteer position. I think we should not use the term "hiring" for this reason.

1 Like